Today was AMAZING. If you say the name Yosh outside of the professional hair world you will probably be looked at funny. But in our world this man is insane, a living legend.
Let me set the seen for you. I go to school today and I am ready for god knows what. We head up stairs to the classroom and here stands this 5 ft little Asian man. At 72 years old you would expect him to not be able to cut hair very well.
This man started cutting hair 45 years ago. He studied directly under Sassoon (yes the guy who made the shampoo LOL). He was named in Modern Salon's top 50 most influential hair dressers EVER.
I watched him cut 3 peoples hair in the time it takes most people to cut one. And they were absolutely beautiful haircuts. Truly today was an honor to meet and learn from a man with such talent and yet still so humble. I will be posting a picture of me with him soon. Truly today was one of those days that will shape the course of my career and my life. The knowledge he shared and the advice he gave all of us individually and as a class will carry with us for the rest of our lives. I just hope and pray I will be half as good as him ever (especially at 72).
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment