Tuesday, April 14, 2009

3 strand underhand braiding and finishing technics

Today was a fun day. We started off by combing out some pin curls we had set last week. Still have alot to learn there.

Then we went to cutting increase layers. We did some with the shears and some with the razor. I have to be honest and say that the razor is by far my favorit tool so far.

We used many differnt technics so that we could cover a variety in one cut. My favorite method is slideing with the razor.

After finishing the cut we went into a brief finish up. I felt a little behind the class only because I have never used a flat iron or a blow dryer. The good thing is though the teacher loved my finsihing work and I have the drive to be the best so reguardless I will get it.

After lunch we had a test on Design 101 and I felt like I did a good job. Not great but good, some of the wording tripped me up. I guess if I knew it better then the wording wouldnt have tripped me up.

Once we finished that we started to learn underhand braiding. I was somewhat familiar with this but I picked it up reather fast. I am hopeing to have some pics up soon.

Til next time. Care for your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment